In this episode, Emily meets activist and creator of #SallyInHR Kelechi Okafor, to talk about racial microaggressions in the workplace, and the importance of educated diversity and inclusion. Plus, Lauren takes a roadtrip to Birmingham to find out whether Britain is due a pay rise – and Tim Pointer has stern words for recruiters who don’t follow up.
Join People Management staff writers Emily Burt and Lauren Brown on the podcast that takes the pulse of HR – and don't forget to give us your feedback by tweeting us at @peoplemgt or email email@example.com.
Thank you to our guests from this episode:
- Kelechi Okafor, activist and presenter of SayYourMind podcast
- Charles Cotton, senior reward and performance advisor at the CIPD
- Dipa Mistry Kandola, head of flexible benefits services at Lane Clark & Peacock LLP
- Nicola Wells, global reward director at Unilever
- Tim Pointer, founder of Starboard