The CIPD has revitalised its world-leading HR and L&D qualifications for 2021. These new qualifications are based on the new CIPD Profession Map: a framework it uses to chart the skills, knowledge and expertise that professionals in the HR and L&D sectors need to thrive.
Here are three essential things you need to know about the new CIPD courses.
There are now five qualifications to choose from
The range of qualifications has been simplified, making it much easier to choose one that’s right for your goals. There are now five you can choose from:
- Level 3 Foundation Certificate in People Practice: an entry-level HR and L&D qualification
- Level 5 Associate Diploma in People Management: an intermediate HR qualification
- Level 5 Associate Diploma in Organisational Learning and Development: an intermediate L&D qualification
- Level 7 Advanced Diploma in Strategic People Management: an advanced HR qualification
- Level 7 Advanced Diploma in Strategic Learning and Development: an advanced L&D qualification
The new qualifications are focused on building practical skills that you can implement in your role straight away.
There’s a new CIPD membership grade
The level of membership you achieve is now directly linked to the qualification you complete. Students completing the foundation certificate will now achieve the new CIPD Foundation Membership grade.
Those completing associate and advanced qualifications will receive associate membership as before, with advanced students being eligible to upgrade to chartered membership.
There are no exams
Exams are extinct! The new CIPD qualifications are assessed through assignments, so you do not need to take any in-person exams, even for Level 7.
Enrol on the CIPD’s brand new qualifications with ICS Learn today and get qualified 100 per cent online.