In this special People Management Insight podcast episode, a panel of experts explores what post-lockdown working looks like, and the focus on employers to create safe, welcoming and supportive workplaces. One in five Brits could already bring their dog to work before the pandemic – and given the recent increase in pet ownership, many new owners will be looking to their employers to see if they can provide a dog-friendly office environment in future.
Listen on as host Elizabeth Howlett, staff writer at People Management, speaks with Dr Holly Patrick, lecturer in HR management at Edinburgh Napier University; Jo Hemmings, behavioural and media psychologist; and Gemma Gillingham, consumer service manager at Purina, about how progressive, feel-good HR initiatives, such as creating dog-friendly spaces could help ease the way back to workplace for Britain’s animal lovers.
In this podcast episode, in partnership with Purina, the panel discusses:
- The benefits of working with our dogs around
- Why HR teams should be considering dog-friendly working policies right now
- How implementing a dog-friendly policy could benefit your organisation and workforce
- What employers need to think about when considering allowing dogs into the workplace
- Some of the barriers to having pets in offices
This special edition podcast episode was produced by Wavecast and Ash Garwood.