With only a few weeks left until the official deadline for Brexit, the government has so far failed to make definitive plans around key issues for employers, including the future of immigration, the visa regime for skilled workers and if the UK will leave the EU with a deal. But what does this mean for employers who are still in the dark on how to prepare their workforce for Brexit?
In this episode of That HR Podcast, People Management’s Maggie Baska and Lilly Howlett speak with Gerwyn Davies, public policy advisor at the CIPD, and Madeleine Sumption, director of the Migration Observatory at the University of Oxford, to find out the current climate around Brexit and what organisations should be doing to prepare for the 31 October deadline.
Plus, we explore the world of virtual reality and how it’s changing the way businesses train staff to deal with complex, real-life situations in a simulated environment.
And Tim Pointer helps a listener who is tired of micro-managing a team of lovable screw-ups.
Don't forget to give us your feedback by tweeting us at @peoplemgt or email email@example.com.
Thank you to our guests from this episode:
- Gerwyn Davies, public policy advisor at the CIPD
- Madeleine Sumption, director of the Migration Observatory at the University of Oxford
- Mark Poole, learning design manager at Lloyds Banking Group
- Craig Piper, learning delivery manager at Lloyds Banking Group
- Tim Pointer, founder of Starboard